January 8, 2010

The Grocery Store and Nudity

For those of you who don't know me very well, there is something I must tell you. I spend a LOT of time with my family.
A LOT.
We don't get together just on holidays or for a special family meal once a month or so - oh no - we get together every day. We have lunch together (the original 4 plus a newbie named Tootsie), we often have dinner together and much of our fun time is spent together as well. We vacation together, go to church together - basically, we're a pretty good example of togetherness.
The "sons-in-law" weren't quite sure what to think of all this togetherness when they married into our weird little group. I think they have learned to accept it over the years. My husband now often ends a sentence now with, "Call your family and see if they want to go too." I don't know if it's because he WANTS them to go or if he knows I'm just going to call them anyway. God love him.
(So, this one time....my Dad told a woman we were a "clan". She looked at him like he had slapped her. I think she may have thought he was saying, you know, "The Klan". We've stopped saying that now.)
So today was no exception. We all had lunch together and then Mom, Dad, Tootsie and I headed to Kroger(s) to pick up the ingredients for tonights meal. Lasagna. YUM!
Here's everything pre-measured and ready to go. I'm on some kind of crazy organizational roll. It will end soon. Those kinds of things always do.
The sauce of all gourmet cooks. "Why of COURSE it's homemade. Here's the recipe. (1) Put on your coat (2)Take a drive to Kroger(s) (3) Head in and make a run for aisle 5 (4) Pay. (5) Go home. I slaved over it all day!"
But today at the grocery store Audrey Laine had her Poppa all to herself while Mom and I shopped. We would occasionally pass them and we would hear her telling him "Oh! OH! I KNOW! I know what I need!! It's down here Poppa!"
And just so you know, Poppa never says no.
See?
Tootsie surveys the goods.
Tootsie smiles and thinks of how we are all her little minions.
Yep, it's good to be Audrey.

Here's a little bum to get you through the rest of your day. This is what I saw when I turned around from the stove.

(and in case you didn't notice, the fingernails are ORANGE today)
Tootsie prefers to be pantsless.
"Where are your pants Toots?"
"I took em off. I didn't need em anymore."
Good enough for me.

2 comments:

  1. Haha! She is so cute! Becky & I used to love to run around with no clothes when we were her age too. We also used to pee in my mom's potted plants & act like we were cats & they were our litter box.
    You are SO lucky you live close to your family & get to spend so much time with them. I miss mine so much. Jason's mom & grandma only live 2 miles from us here, but I really miss MY family. I cried so hard when my mom left after Jarrett was born. I still don't think I've recovered. Maybe a little bit of baby blues?
    Anyways, hope ya'll have a good weekend!
    Bon

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to laugh at this post! My FIL is SO like this! It is not a bad thing... it's just different for those of us that have grown up with a little more space. :) Also, I think it may be one thing to spend time with YOUR family... and an entire different thing to spend that much time with the inlaws! I love my inlaws, don't get me wrong, but once or twice a week is enough! :) Glad I found your blog!

    ReplyDelete